Specific information about this server
- Ikariam uses "s22" in its URL as the server designation for this world, no matter which community server / language version you use.
- Ikariam used the Greek as names for the first twenty-four worlds (1 – 24).
- Ikariam used the Greek as names for the twenty-fifth through the forty-fourth worlds (25 – 44).
- Ikariam is currently using Greek and as names for the newer set of worlds (45 – 46).
- Ikariam uses a few special servers for the following reasons:
- "Speed servers" (Discontinued) (not used often / reset after each session) - For when they need to test changes that occur at Higher levels of the game and would take too long at normal speed to reach. These servers run at four times (4x) the normal speed when they are used.
- "Test servers ( 1 / < 2 (Discontinued) / 3 (Internal use) / 4 (Internal use) / 5 (Internal use)] / 6 (Internal use)]" - For testing the patches before they go out to the live servers.
- "War servers [ 1 (Discontinued) (reset after each round - 1 per language group) / 2 (Permanent - in each community)]" - Special servers run at three times (3x) the normal speed, allows Pillaging of gold and have a different set of rules compared to the normal game servers.
- Chi (s22) is a Special Server in the CZ community.
- 50% faster (150%) Cargo Ships travel speed.
Chi (uppercase Χ, lowercase χ; Greek: Χι [xiː] He) is the 22nd letter of the modern Greek alphabet. Its value in Ancient Greek was an aspirated velar stop /kʰ/ (in the Western Greek alphabet: /ks/).
In Koine Greek and later dialects it became a fricative along with Θ and Φ. In Modern Greek, is has two distinct pronunciations: In front of high or front vowels (e, i, oi, ai, y) it is pronounced as a voiceless palatal fricative [ç], as in German ich or like the 'h' in some pronunciations of the English words 'hew' and 'human'. In front of low or back vowels (a, o, ou) and consonants, it is pronounced as a voiceless uvular fricative [χ].
In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 600.
In ancient times, some dialects of Greek used the chi instead of xi to represent the /ks/ sound. This was borrowed into the early Latin language, which led to the letter X being used for the same sound in Latin, and the modern languages which use the Latin alphabet.
Chi also was included into Cyrillic alphabet (as letter Х), with the phonetic value /x/ or /h/.
Chi is the basis for the name Chiastic structure and the name of Chiasmus.
In Plato's Timaeus, it is explained that the two bands which form the soul of the world cross each other like the letter Χ.
The chiasma, an x-shaped connection of the optic nerves leading to the eye, got its name from the letter chi because of its shape.
|This page or section uses CC-BY-SA () content from|
|View wikipedia page — View wikipedia page history|
Other World ( Active type ) servers
All items (10)