Specific information about this server
- Ikariam uses "s23" in its URL as the server designation for this world, no matter which community server / language version you use.
- Ikariam used the Greek as names for the first twenty-four worlds (1 – 24).
- Ikariam used the Greek as names for the twenty-fifth through the forty-fourth worlds (25 – 44).
- Ikariam is currently using Greek and as names for the newer set of worlds (45 – 46).
- Ikariam uses a few special servers for the following reasons:
- "Speed servers" (Discontinued) (not used often / reset after each session) - For when they need to test changes that occur at Higher levels of the game and would take too long at normal speed to reach. These servers run at four times (4x) the normal speed when they are used.
- "Test servers ( 1 / < 2 (Discontinued) / 3 (Internal use) / 4 (Internal use) / 5 (Internal use)] / 6 (Internal use)]" - For testing the patches before they go out to the live servers.
- "War servers [ 1 (Discontinued) (reset after each round - 1 per language group) / 2 (Permanent - in each community)]" - Special servers run at three times (3x) the normal speed, allows Pillaging of gold and have a different set of rules compared to the normal game servers.
- Psi (s23) is a Special Server in the CZ, HU and PT communities.
Psi (uppercase Ψ, lowercase ψ) is the 23rd letter of the modern Greek alphabet and has a numeric value of 700. In both Classical and Modern Greek, the letter indicates the combination /ps/ (like in English "lapse"). In Greek, this consonant cluster can occur in the syllable initial position, as in the Greek word "ψάρι" [psári (=fish)]. However, in some languages (including English) this combination is not possible at the beginning of a syllable. In Latin, Greek words beginning with psi are transcribed by ps-, but seem to have been pronounced simply as s-, with a quiescent p. This pronunciation has affected that of Greek loanwords beginning with the letter in several languages. In English, for example, psychology is pronounced with a silent p, and the name of the letter is often pronounced [saɪ] ("sigh"), although this is not always the case. Any person who has learned Greek is aware that the correct pronunciation is actually "see". The letter was adopted into the Old Italic alphabet, and its shape is continued into the Algiz rune of the Elder Futhark.
The letter may have originated from the practice of writing the sigma over the pi, eventually making the combination into a single letter. Psi was also adopted into the early Cyrillic alphabet. See psi (Cyrillic) (Ѱ, ѱ). This may have also been since the letter, both in lower case and uppercase form, resembles the trident wielded by Poseidon, the Greek god of water/ocean.
The letter psi is commonly used in physics for representing a wavefunction in quantum mechanics, particularly with the Schrödinger equation and bra-ket notation: . It is also used to represent the (generalized) positional states of a qubit in a quantum computer.
|This page or section uses CC-BY-SA () content from|
|View wikipedia page — View wikipedia page history|
Other World ( Active type ) servers
All items (14)
- Portuguese Republic/1-24