- You do not leave immediately but after canceling of membership you'll remain in the alliance for another 24h (on speed servers accordingly less), without any rights given within the alliance and without the possibility to be given any rights.
- You cannot dissolve an alliance immediately. If you do so, it will remain for 24h (on speed servers accordingly less).
- After leaving an alliance, you cannot enter or found a new one for another 24h (on speed servers accordingly less).
- Other changes in alliances:
- Automatic ranks are given according to score.
- Rework of Alliance garrison right and Player garrison right so that they are considered correctly.
- Correct treatment if an occupied town joins the alliance.
- Impossibility to fight alliance mates.
- When your general withdraws your units, you'll receive a message in town adviser.
- Scatter times of Cargo Ships visible for all players (not just Generals).
You have two 24 hour delays, listed above from the time you leave an alliance to the time that you can join another, that are not clearly stated as a 48 hour delay.
- When you click on the "Quit" link button to leave an alliance, you are not physically removed from the alliance for 24 hours.
- After you are physically removed from the alliance, you have to wait another 24 hours before you can create a new alliance, rejoin your former alliance or join a new alliance.
- "Rebellions" are fought in town without Town walls, no matter how many units take part. The battlefield size is determined according to the Town hall level.
- "Free town" is fought depending on the garrison limit, with or without a wall.
- If the town owner joins a fight to free his occupied town with order "Rebel", the battlefield changes to fight in town (without a wall).
- Rebellion is now possible without units, if no units of the occupier are present.
- During a rebellion the town will stay occupied – only if it is freed successfully, the controller of town changes.
- Towns and ports are freed whenever non-allied units enter the location successfully.
- There won't be a mission to "Block port" for a specific time anymore – you can occupy it now until you cancel the occupation or until it is freed.
- Before, when you occupied a town you "owned" the belonging port, too. Now you do have to occupy both. This means that even when you occupy a town you cannot leave the island while there are hostile ships (like those of the owner) in town.
- There will be only one controller of port left so no more situations where two or more players will block the same port simultaneously. As with occupied towns alliance members can station in an occupied port but foreign ships will have to fight to station there. Should two non-allied players want to occupy the same port they will first fight together against the owner and if they were successful an automatic second fight will take place between them. (Accordingly more automatic fights should the situation require them.) The same is valid for all cities.
- As long as you occupy only the port (and not the city), you are hostile to the city so there won't be a possibility to get goods through the occupation of the port. When you occupy both (port and city) your ships will station in port and friendly transportation of goods are allowed to pass the occupied port.
- Even without a Palace and without research of Governor you can occupy one port (not a city). For everything else, you'll need those and can occupy only the number according to level of palace.
Pillage missions starting from cities that don't belong to the raider will recalculate the number of needed Cargo Ships as soon as those arrive at that basis. This means that, if you start a pillage mission from an allied town, an occupied town, or a town where you have some kind of garrison right, only the transport ships needed after arriving at that said town will transport these goods to the home town.
No loss of goods
Whenever ships run into a blockade they do scatter but goods are put ashore in the town where the blocked port is.
- When you fight at your own city, and you have returning or scatter units arriving, they will automatically join the fight on your side.
- The same is true, if you finished building new units. They will join in the next round.
- Partial retreating is now possible with ships, when they fight at your own city.
- Combat reports now contain the city name from which the units came, not only their home town.
Withdrawing of units
- Whenever you fight at your own town you can partly withdraw your units. They will stay in the fight until the next round starts but then you'll be able to refresh them and return them into the fight or send them somewhere else.
- Whenever you fight at a town that is not your own, you can only withdraw complete waves. They will take 1h + travel time to arrive at their last destination.
- Whenever fighting waves scatter, they will return to the home town, and not to the town where you stationed them before.
The Barbarian Village now act just like a normal city (except there is no port). This means you can attack it from everywhere.
- You will only pay for goods you really load. If your loading at another player's Trading post is interrupted, you will only pay the goods your ships take with them. If you sail to buy goods, you take the gold needed for the whole transfer with you, but you pay at the end, when it is clear how much you have bought. So, until the transaction is finished, it might seem to the seller of goods that he has sold his goods and didn't get the money.
- Buying and selling of goods now always happens with ships, even on the same island. So, blocked ports do matter while trading.
- Pure transportation of goods on the same island is done with your ships on little backwater waterways, avoiding ports.
- Activation possible during transports.
- Available for colonizations.
- Available in Trading post.
- Correct display of allied/stationed troops and ships, in normal and premium adviser.
- Port and town occupation displayed in separate parts of Palace and military adviser.
- Scattered trading ships displayed as such in military adviser and not as "Missing ships" together with scattered war ships.
- No more confusion when there is a sea battle and a land battle taking place in the same town – they are showed in different parts of military adviser.
- Correct display, in spying reports, of the kind of units shown in spied town, so no more confusion relating which units belong to whom.
- Display of islands in World View:
- Island with own town or town occupied by me ⇒ Blue.
- Island with allied town or town occupied by an ally ⇒ Green.
- Island with town where I or my alliance have Garrison Right ⇒ Yellow.
- Change in town adviser messages:
- If someone occupies a city or a port on one of your islands the message will name your city which is on that island. If you have more than one city on that island, the one with the highest level will be shown.
- Espionage report of "Spy out garrison" redone: New display and all troops sorted correctly.
- All towns where you have garrison rights are linked in the Treaty tab in diplomacy adviser.
- Now the correct number of Cargo Ships is available after raids starting in bases.
- Rework of Join/Leave Alliance: Leaving an alliance is no longer instant. 24 hours after you clicked Leave Alliance you'll truly leave, but during the 24 hours you will remain in the alliance without any rights. The automatic garrison rights with towns of your alliance members will only stop after the 24 hour cooldown, so you may return your units safely.
- Existing occupation of port/city is now correctly changed to stationing in that town when town owner enters alliance of occupier.
- Buying/selling to your own Trading posts fixed.
- Loading of goods now shown correctly.
- There is now a distinction between missing trade and war ships.
- Termination of garrison rights does not scatter units stationed with same player in other towns.
- Garrison rights are given for city and port (you cannot attack port anymore if you do have garrison right in that city).
- Rework of rebellion: New graphics for the fight in city, fight against oneself fixed.
- Blockading and pillaging of a town during loading of goods fixed.
Updates 1 + 2
- Fleet IP Check - If you sent units, ships or resources to other towns, using the same IP address as you, then you will get the following message:
- "Your units have turned around, because the player that you sent them to is playing with the same IP address as you. Don't forget that you are breaching the rules." (Source).
- This is to cut down player bans from accidental fleet contact.
- Combat Report - At the end of a battle (at the bottom of the screen) you have a window that you can click it to copy all text to past elsewhere.
This version is a complete reworked priority system for armies and fleets in Ikariam. This is to avoid allied troops shooting at each other or even own troops shooting at each other in some weird situations etc.
The so called "Fleet checks" checks (as the name states) for each action in the game leading to or involving a combat, that every participant joins on the "correct" side from a logical aspect and that there is always a logical result involved (i.e. no "Beaming" home of troops etc).
This fleet check system is going to be implemented in one of the next versions, we cannot really be more precise, since the testing is going to be rather time consuming. This is where we need the help of the players. It is very probable, that other versions will go online before the fleet checks get implemented into live gaming. The game is so complex that about 1000 test cases have been defined, the amount of test cases will still grow.
How can you help us? We will publish a bunch of PDF files (I'll add them in the next days, we still need to get them translated), where there is a given situation and the result you should get out of this mission. Players should try to create the given situation on the test server if result in the game and result in the pdf file matches. If not, they should report the problem into the Ikariam.org board bug section, indicating which case they were testing (they are numbered).”
— katan bartak - Board Admin (en.ikariam.com)
- Link to the PDF files mentioned.
“Test server updated with Version 0.4.x - testers needed!
This version has a completely reworked priority system for armies and fleets to avoid allied troops shooting at each other, or even own troops shooting at each other in some weird situations.
The so called "Fleet checks" check (as the name states) for each action in the game leading to or involving a combat; that every participant joins on the "correct" side from a logical aspect and that there is always a logical result involved.
Because this is going to require extensive testing, it has been placed on the test server, and dedicated players who are willing to run test scenarios are needed :)
There are instructions and pdf files available here: Version 0.4x pdf files
There is a given situation and the result you should get out of this mission. Players should try to create the given situation on the test server and see if the result in the game and the pdf file matches. If not, they should report the problem into the Ikariam.org board bug section
, indicating which case they were testing (they are numbered within each pdf).”
— calonkat - Admin (us.ikariam.com)
“Changelog Version 0.4.3 / 0.4.x (Fleet checks)
we just updated the test server with our latest revision of Version 0.4.x which is now becoming version 0.4.3. You will find a complete changelog at the end of this post.
We have been testing everything around these fleet checks since Christmas, but we are sure we didn't find everything. We would therefore like to invite you to test this version extensively on our test server http://test.ikariam.org
Please remember that the "rules" set for the fleet checks in these pdf documents ( Version 0.4.x pdf files ) still are valid. Considering the huge amount of test cases, we need the help of the community here.
If you have any comments about the version, use the following thread : Official Version 0.4.3 discussion thread
If you have any issues to report, please use the Bug section in this Board : http://board.en.ikariam.com/board13-ikar…rd15-game-bugs/
We hope you'll enjoy the new version
— NRJ - Ikariam Product CoMa (en.ikariam.com)
Version 8 Updates
There are no version 8.6.# patches at the current time!
Please verify your patch number(s)
Version 9 Updates
There are no version 9.#.# patches at the current time!
Please verify your patch number(s)
The BIG numbers are the 1st patch numbers that were released for that particular series.
The numbers in bold are considered to be major updates and should have patch-notes.
The numbers in italics are considered to be minor updates and may not always have patch-notes.