Each type of unit and each type of ship have a specific speed, defining the distance (islands) that the unit/ship can reach after traveling for 20 hours. Some units travel faster than others overland. A mixed group of units or ships travels at the speed of the slowest member. Gyrocopters are the fastest unit.
The folllowing formulas give the amount of time that is necessary for ships and / or units to reach it's destination.
Time to travel (in seconds) =
- This formula is what is best use when you 1st start the game and do not have any researches discovered that can increase your travel speed.
- The result value is in minutes and seconds respectively and on both cases the seconds part is always rounded up to the nearest whole number integer.
- In the game, it is assumed that each island has a mean diameter of half the distance between 2 islands (0.5). This means that any travel attempts between the cities on the same island has a mean distance of half the distance between 2 islands (0.5).
The speed of a Cargo Ship is 60 islands in 20h, so the above formulas is simplified to:
- If your Cargo Ship is going from 30:30 (x1:y1) to 31:30 (x2:y2) (Straight line)= =
1,200 seconds = 20 m.
- If your Cargo Ship is going from 30:30 (x1:y1) to 31:31 (x2:y2) (Diagonal)= = =
28.28 min ≈ 28 minutes 17 seconds.
= = =
1,697.056 secs ≈ 28 m 17 s.
- A zero distance, means that the towns are on the same island and thus the mean diameter of the island is used (0.5). This gives a time travel for Cargo Ships of=
600 seconds = 10 m.
- The number of Island spaces (Euclidean diatance) you will be traveling () or 0.5 for on the same island movements.
- See the individual units / ships to get their speed, indicated by this icon ( ).
- Special Event speed increase.
- The level of the building Sea Chart Archive. Can be [0 through #.#] for [Levels 0 through 40].
- The government form Oligarchy can increase your speed by 10% or 1.10, otherwise, the speed will be the normal speed or 1.0.
- The percentage from the activation of the Miracle of Poseidon. Can be [0.0, 0.10, 0.30, 0.50, 0.70, 1.0] for level [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5].
- Can be [66.4%, 49.8%, 33.2%, 16.6%, 0%] based on the amount of cargo per merchant ship [100, 200, 300, 400, 500].
- Can be [0, 1, 2, 3] for [+0%, +100%, +200%, +300%].
- This is the most accurate formula to use after you have learned the researches that will increase your travel speed and thus reduce the travel duration.
- The result value is in seconds and is always rounded up to the nearest whole number integer.
Time to reach a city on the same island